Epicom’s New SugarCRM Hosting Platform
We are pleased to announce that our new SugarCRM hosting platform, Gen5, is ready to rock. Gen5 is a new and improved version of our existing SugarCRM hosting platform. If you are an Epicom hosting customer, we want you to be able to understand the changes. Keep reading to learn how this new hosting platform benefits you, without all the technical jargon.
All our existing customers will be migrated to Gen5 over the coming months. You may not even notice the change, but once implemented there will be several new security features in place.
When you use an alternative type of firewall (such as network based), you aren’t protected against malicious mobile code or internal threats from within your corporate network. Our new host-based firewall will protect against all these malicious threats, as well as provide a backup in the case of a network firewall failure.
- Host based firewall protection
- When you use an alternative type of firewall (such as network based), you aren’t protected against malicious mobile code or internal threats from within your corporate network. Our new host-based firewall will protect against all these malicious threats, as well as provide a backup in the case of a network firewall failure.
- Centralized management
- Centralized management is a central area for monitoring and managing our hosted servers. It allows for more efficient management of multiple server deployments. This reduces the cost and effort necessary as we scale the number of servers deployed.
- Free SSL certificates
- SSL certificates are small data files that encrypt your server details, and thus allow secure connections between a server and a browser, allowing for secure information transfer. Our new hosting platform provides a free SSL certificate for each hosted SugarCRM instance.
These new security measures will create increased accountability and improved performance of the hosting platform.
What Your New Hosting Package Looks Like
If you are a current SugarCRM hosting customer, you are getting more bang for your hosting buck with our new upgraded hosting packages. Each package has increased combinations of CPU, Memory Gigabytes, and Disk Gigabytes.
- Increased CPU improves speed of operations such as server requests and scheduled jobs
- More memory allows for more users to be logged in at the same time without impacting performance
- Additional disk storage allows for more database/file storage space
Our Small hosting package now offers some of the same benefits of what used to be included in the Medium package. Here’s an example:
Memory in Gigabytes
|Package Size||Previous Memory Specs||New Memory Specs|
|Small||1 GB||2 GB (100% increase)|
|Medium||2 GB||4 GB (100% increase)|
|Large||4 GB||6 GB (50% increase)|
**Note this is just a sample of one of the increased benefits, there are also increases in CPU and Disk Storage.
Why It’s Important
Letting the security and performance of your hosted instance fall to the wayside is easy to do. We want you to be able to focus on your goals and trust that we have your back when it comes to CRM security and management.
We know that hosting terminology and concepts can be difficult to understand. If you have questions about the new hosting platform, reach out to your Epicom Account Manager or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.